South West Sustainability Programme evaluation
We're currently working with the South West Museum Development Partnership to evaluate the impact of a programme that supports smaller museums to become more sustainable and resilient.
We evaluated a pilot programme for SWMDP in 2013-14 and were delighted to be asked to follow up that work with museums going through the programme in the 2014-15 financial year.
The Sustainability Programme is a structured process in which museums work with their MDO and an independent sustainability mentor to do a self-assessment and peer review of their existing work, identify key areas for improvement and put a targeted plan in place. It looks at economic, social and environmental sustainability, encompassing financial and environmental factors as well as governance and community engagement.
To date we've done some baseline research with participating museums before they started the programme and will be following up with them in the next two months to see how they're getting on. We'll report back to SWMDP in March 2015.
Evaluation and Consultation
Evaluation is a key tool to help you understanding the impact of what you do and improve your service to users. Emma King Consultancy conducts all kinds of user research, from small scale research projects to ongoing impact assessments handling qualitative and quantitative data.
We can help you to:
- Understand what evaluation can do for you
- Plan an effective evaluation strategy for your project or programme
- Devise a practical evaluation framework to work from
- Design and deliver qualitative and quantitative data collection methods including evaluation forms, face to face and telephone interviews, online surveys, focus groups and visitor observation
- Analyse and write up findings and recommendations in a clear, practical and useable way